My passion, after my family of course, is Treasure Hunting. The simple beauty of things from by-gone eras have always spoken to me. Whether these treasures are found at a flea market, fine antique store, estate sale, thrift shop, or in the family attic, surprises abound.
As an interior designer, I believe it is vital to balance your decor by including found and family treasures. Surrounding yourself with things you love should always be the goal, from there you will find your true style.
As I shop, I may have a client in mind or I may want to resell at our french flea market or in my shop. I am lucky to have several outlets for my treasures including my own home! I plan to share my searching, hunting, travels, and treasures with you and encourage you to enjoy adding your treasures to your home.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Festive Hunt Table and Photo Shoot

We were honored to be asked, by the Orange County Register newspaper, to be a contributing designer of a festive Thanksgiving holiday table for an upcoming story. Le Potager's European country hunt table will be featured along with Jonathan Adler's contemporary style table and WAM Design's Parisian style table. This will be part of a special holiday insert focused on the joys of holiday entertaining.
I wanted to share some photos of our finished vignette as well as the photo shoot itself.
We designed the table more for photos than to actually dine on but our approach takes the front half of the table and sets it as a dining table and the back half of the table is set as a sideboard or buffet table would be.
Set with layers of dining ware and decor, the table is a charming combination of rich and rustic.
We even had a fire burning in the shop fireplace adding to the ambiance.
Beautiful vintage crystal stemware glasses added some sparkle standing upon pheasant placemats.
Vintage stag stirrup cups graced each place setting.
Antique silver and horn handled serving pieces helped to add history to this tables story.
One of our favorite pieces, this very large antique Charter Oak silver loving cup, was filled with spectacular fall botanicals. It is a definite statement piece, regal in design and scale yet rustic with its unpolished silver finish.
It's all in the details.
Although it is a small area to be photographed, it took the expertise of many to get it just right.
We brought our design concept to life and turned it over to the professional. Photos were taken from every angle including the table in its entirety as well as the smallest details. I am looking forward to seeing the photographers interpretation of our work.
The feature is set to be published this Saturday just in time for Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season.
Create a table for your holiday feast using treasures from your home and garden. Make it a fun process, not a stressful one. There is never a wrong way to set a table and always remember that it is the people sitting at the table that are far more important than the meal or the decor.
Next week I will be posting some photos of our Christmas table vignettes as well.
Happy Decorating and Happy Hunting!

2 comments:

  1. This table is stunning, Jen. Love all the old silver you've used. It's sad that these beautiful pieces are not being embraced in modern design. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table looks beautiful. You and John (got to give him credit too) have such a wonderful eye for these things.Such a beautiful mix of textures and color. Have a great Thanksgiving. Paula Lusk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from fellow bloggers. Let me know what you think about my treasures or share a treasure of your own. Happy hunting!